Everybody has the right to their own data.
In year 2018 a new EU-law is made. The new legislation means more tight rules and higher punishments, when businesses break the Privacy Act. It functions as a further development of the already existing danish Privacy Act, which protects individuals against, for example, businesses gaining access to personal information. Big Data can be used to targeted commercials for specific segments, but it was also used to create statistics concerning the the extent of ebola in Africa. Big Data in itself is not illegal, but when businesses gathers identifiable data it can go against the law.
GOALS follows these new rules, and we do not share personal information with third party. You can at any time see/choose which data you use within GOALS context. The data we create are about the choice of images, and used as statistics and analysis for diagrams. We dont work with Ads, and therefore do not have any tracking history connected to our data collection.
What information do we collect?
In this Privacy Notice, your "personal information" means information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified. This typically includes information such as your name, address, screen name, profile picture, email address, and telephone number, but can also include other information such as IP address, shopping habits, information about your lifestyle or preferences such as your hobbies and interests. We may collect personal information about you from different sources, including:
- Information you give us directly
- Information collected automatically when you use "Sites"
- Information we collect from other sources
Who do we share your personal information with?
We share your address and phone number with our supplier, so you can get your package. We never share your email, your private images or the data we get from your behavior on our website with anyone.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Credit card or other payment information
- Date of birth
- User-generated content, posts and other content you submit to GOALS site
- Any other personal information you voluntarily provide to us
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Information about the type of browser you use
- Details of the web pages you have viewed
- Your IP address
- The hyperlinks you have clicked
- Your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party Sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+)
- The websites you have visited before arriving at the GOALS site
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Street address
- Your shopping habits
- Preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests
- Publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings, as permitted by law
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We may collect information from you directly when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you register for prize draws or competitions, sign up to receive information, use applications, buy a product or service from us, fill out a survey, or make a comment or enquiry. The types of information we may collect from you directly include your:
We may receive personal information about you from other legitimate sources, including information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties. The types of personal information that we may collect from such sources include your:
We may share Site Usage Information with trusted third parties (e.g. advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks, data exchanges, etc.) in order to offer you tailored content, including more relevant advertising for products and services which may be of interest to you. These third parties may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies on your device in order to help us deliver customized content and advertising to you when you visit Unilever Sites or Third Party Sites.
may appear alongside targeted advertisements that we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) send to you based on your Site Usage Information. You may click on these icons to receive more information about the collection and use of your information or to opt-out of such collection in future. Please note that even if you opt out, you may still receive advertisements from Unilever that are not customized based on your Site Usage Information.
Depending on your location, there may be other solutions to help you control your online behavioural advertising preferences (such as whether certain third parties may collect and use your Site Usage Information for targeted advertising purposes). For example, in Europe the website www.youronlinechoices.comallows you to choose which companies can deliver customized ads while in the US you may use the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out Tool.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other people’s website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.